Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Implemented Show Portals Never Owned By You

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by digitalpoint, Jun 28, 2016.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

The Intel map has a new mode ("Show Portals Never Owned By You"). For those chasing the Pioneer badge, it should be useful.

Unfortunately the portal ownership wasn't being recorded from incoming email damage reports until now, so it's not going to retroactively be able to know portals you have owned... just going forward.

2. Well, I wonder why it is not possible ... don't you still have the original emails/data?

3. digitalpoint

No, the original emails are not kept on our end.

4. Ok ... I still have them ... can I reupload them so the data gets updated. Otherwise this brilliant feature is rather useless for me.

5. digitalpoint

Yeah, if you go to the option that lets you import your old data here: https://outgress.com/help/forwarding/

When you go through that process, there's an option to reimport all data.

6. There seems to be something wrong with some portals in the database. After re-uploading I see quite a few portals which I supposedly never captured (right in my neighborhood). At first I thought those a renamed portals, but a closer look they have the same name on the NIA intel and on the outgress intel (examples: Neues Rathaus or Dachauplatz or Stadttheater or Pindl). Strangely enough, when I look at their (outgress) details page they seem to have seen their last attacks a long time ago.

EDIT: And I know for a fact that I already owned those portals quite a few times (Neues Rathaus captured yesterday evening, re capped by RES this morning).

7. digitalpoint

A portal being "unique" doesn't depend on the portal name or image (there are portals with the same image and the same name). The thing that makes a portal unique is the location (specifically longitude & latitude). The first 3 examples there don't exist on the Ingress NIA Intel map anymore (they were either moved or deleted... I didn't do too much digging to see which it was, but either way, they don't exist currently at the location they used to be at).

You can flag a portal as being moved or deleted (it queues them for review, but that system isn't entirely finished yet). Some info on that here: https://outgress.com/threads/moved-removed-portals.18/

As far as the Pindl portal, are you certain you have an email damage report that shows you as owning it? If you use Gmail search, you should be able to find those email damage reports without too much difficulty. Currently, Outgress knows of 3 owners of that portal (B1eier, Hexe84 and macKyp).

8. digitalpoint

Also, the quick way to see if a portal exists on the NIA Intel map currently is if you use the "Ingress Map" link on the portal profile here. If it exists, it will pop open the info window on the intel map. If it doesn't show the info window, it doesn't exist anymore (at least not in that location).

As an example, the Neues Rathaus portal was moved.

Old location: https://outgress.com/portals/neues-rathaus.251973/
    New location: https://outgress.com/portals/neues-rathaus.232020/

There are some things I plan on building to automate the detection of moved portals (for example in the case of that portal, the image is the same, the name is the same, it's within 50 meters of the old location and no attacks were logged at the old location once it saw them start at the new location). Most will fall under that criteria and will be easy for the system to automatically manage movement. Just a matter of building that system... :)

9. Ok ... Neues Rathaus ... (here is the NIA map link) position on NIAs map is: 49.017214,12.102036 and it has been captured by guy this morning (and it does not show in his capture list) on Outgress the position is: 49.017247, 12.101868
    So yes it has been moved by roughly 5 meters, but reports of the portal with same name and image are getting dismissed completely making in fact invisible. I wouldn't mind if it is rarely the case, so I would take the time and check and move them as suggested by you. But take a look at the attached screenshot ... the problem seems to be more widespread ... I guess 95 % of all those portals I owned already, but they might have been moved, and now they are invisible (like described before) and it is far too much work to go through every single one of them and check I they are still there or haven been moved opening a ticket with you for review.
    So a 'programmatic' approach here would be far more effective, for example:
    1. portal has been moved when moving distance is <10 meters, the name is the same AND the picture is the same.
    2. If range move >10m and portal name and picture is the same send message to local agent(s) (3 if possible) and as for verification.
    That way outgress does not rely on portal moves by hand if someone feels like it or not .... and it takes time of your hands to implement new and wonderful features.

EDIT: Just red your answer (we were typing answers at the same time ;-) ) ... forget the invisible part ... so the portal(s) are there, they are just on top of each other.

Attached Files:

10. Looking at some more portals ... This and this ... sometimes portal seem to be have moved AND renamed. Is that also a portal move? Or would you update the application and change it to ... portal changed, with tick boxes for 'name change', 'position change' and 'picture change'!?

What happens actually if pictures get voted up or down on a portal, they change in the email report as well I guess. Do you update the pictures in outrgress or does a new portal spawn?

11. digitalpoint

If the image was the same but the title changed, that is probably a move. If everything changed, there really isn't anything to key on to detect it, so would probably treat the old as a deletion.

And yes, the system automatically updates images to the latest one used on a portal.

12. digitalpoint

As an extension of the "Portal Ownership" stuff, there's a new tab in the Portals area that will show you the closest portals around you that Outgress has never seen you as the owner for.

https://outgress.com/portals/#never_owned