Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Resolved Telegram alerts for portal groups link to portal not portal group

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by KevinC, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KevinC

KevinC New Member Enlightened L16

When a Telegram alert is set up on a portal group, it shows the name of the portal group, but makes it a link to an individual portal in the group. I expected the name of the portal group to, y'know, link to the portal group.
    upload_2016-6-1_18-3-53.png

I actually think it would be really nice if the notice contained the name and level of one of the portals currently under attack, so you know where in the group to start looking to recharge. Hiding it in the link is not a good way to do that though.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

I suppose it could link to the portal group on the intel map. I intentionally didn't do that though in case someone was sending alerts to a public channel where they might not want people to know the URL for their portal group. But I guess if you are routing your alerts to a channel with a bunch of people in it, you probably wouldn't care if they could see your portal group. lol

As far as the portal name, level and all that... it would have to be for whatever attack report came in first. Since the alert goes out the instant the first damage report comes in for anything in that group. It's not going to wait to see if others come in to try to send a "better" portal being attacked before sending the alert.

3. KevinC

Sending alerts to a channel with a bunch of people kind of gives away the portals in the group anyway, they could just look what portal is being attacked when. I suppose maybe if they wanted to make a guardian portal group or something, but even then... Not a lot of point sending attack notices to the group if they don't have keys to recharge or the location to go defend in person.

I figured it would likely be for the first attack notice received. That still tells you which end of the farm they are attacking at, and a good key to try recharging first.

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

The Portal Group alerts now contain a title/link to the portal that caused the trigger as well as the portal group title/link. Should be working for both Telegram and Slack.

The portal level isn't included because of some internal issues that would require more reworking than it's worth (more to do with Slack integration than Telegram). The level/status probably really isn't all that important on a portal group since you wouldn't see the level/status for anything except the first one hit (the one that triggered the alert). At least now you know the portal group is being hit and what portal triggered the alert without clicking on the link.

5. KevinC

Looks good!