Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Teams

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Kilo G, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Kilo G

Kilo G New Member Explorer Enlightened L16

If like to be able to share certain "notes", "keys", "claimed" portals, and anything drawn (if available in the future) with a select few individuals for ops.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Well let's first break down each item (since they all work differently internally):

Notes
    Currently there are public notes (viewable by anyone on your faction) and private notes (viewable by just you). Adding an additional option where you specifically call you agent names that can see a note might end up being too cumbersome I would think. Say you have 10 notes related to an op... you need to go in and make sure the right people are added as being able to view each note. Additionally, I would see it being rather annoying if you added people to an existing op and now you need to go and edit the notes.

A few ideas that might make managing that a little easier:
    • The existing Conversation system that's already in place. They are essentially private conversations that are similar to a Google Hangout in some ways because you can have an infinite number of participants, you can add people after the fact, you can remove people after the fact if needed as well. Has the ability to post pictures, links, attachments, etc. https://outgress.com/conversations/
    • What do you think about an option to make your portal notes that you have designated private viewable to a set of agents you choose? A possible simple way to do that would be to use the existing "Follow" system. Make a setting to allow agents you follow to see your private notes. https://outgress.com/account/following

Keys
    Truthfully, I'm not really sure how valuable it would be to only let certain agents know that you tend to have keys for a portal. The point of it is to help you find agents on your faction that might have keys for an anchor you want to use. If you start allowing agents to make that info not viewable by agents on their own faction, it sort of loses it's value I would think. For something like a large op, I would hope the people participating would already know who has keys for what. Again... maybe something better suiting for the general conversation system.

Claims
    The claim system is a bit like the key system... really just intended as a flag for people on your faction to know a portal has been claimed by someone. When stuff goes live, most agents aren't going to know *who* claimed it, only that someone on their faction has claimed it. The specific "who" part is a part that will probably be designated for premium accounts here. Everyone who has been testing under beta has been flagged as premium. But eventually when stuff really is opened up, most users are not going to be premium. I guess ultimately it comes down to if there really is any value in hiding portal claims from users on your own faction (even if they don't know who). It's not intended to be a flag for things like GPs or anything like that. It's intent is just a flag to let agents on your own faction know that if the portal is ever taken, someone (the who is irrelevant really) will be prioritizing to take it back.

3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Also - there is going to be some stuff built that relates to large ops (things like throw order management). Might be useful to work some of the stuff into that system once built.