Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Stats Enhancement

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by JustFrameup, Jun 15, 2016.

1. On the stats page, number of ENL and RES agents known are shown, as well as number of damage reports. An agent can become known by being an attacker or a victim (or maybe both) on a damage report. It would be very helpful to have a breakdown of attacks as:
    ENL attacking RES
    ENL friendly fire
    RES attacking ENL
    RES friendly fire

I don't know if you have cell information in damage reports but it would also be great to be able to have some statistics on a cell level in addition to the global and personal levels.

Thanks in advance for your consideration of these enhancements.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

I'm not sure how useful attack stats broken down by faction would really be... Outgress usage probably will never be even for both factions in a certain area (it tends to be one faction or the other primarily using it). Maybe down the road if Outgress really ends up with a high percentage of agents using it across the board. Then maybe it could be somewhat useful (you could see what faction is attacking more for example). But with such a low sampling rate in the grand scheme of things right now, all it would really show would be an inverse chart of the existing one showing agents discovered by faction. Currently, if you have more Resistance agent discoveries it's because more Enlightened are feeding data and therefore we are seeing more Resistance attacks. We'll see later when there are more users. :)

Cell info isn't directly in the damage report... although if you absolutely had to, you could calculate the region based on the longitude and latitude of the attack and place it within the appropriate cell. It's not a big secret how Ingress regions are broken up (it's done via Google's S2 Library). But to be honest, the calculations required to do that on the fly are way too expensive computational-wise... so you would realistically end up needing to store the Ingress region on a per attack basis (calculate it once as the attack happens). For now, I'm gonna say "no" to this... it's such a massive amount of extra data storage (storing the region the attack happened in) for millions of attacks gets to be a lot of backend resources that could be better used for something else.

There's also the other issue that I have no clue whatsoever how to *do* S2 region calculations. lol If I ever dive into the S2 geometry stuff for something else, I'll loop back and revisit on this.

3. Understand the region stats complexity.

re: stats vs. inverse ... is it true that an agent is only discovered by being an attacker? You don't count agents as discovered by having their resonator or mod destroyed if you don't previously know about them? (i.e. someone else forwarding damage reports)

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Nah... Agents are discovered by attacking and if you are the forwarding agent... So no, it doesn't discover new agents that have gear deployed but aren't forwarding email damage reports.

5. Thanks for clarification