Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Slack Simple Formatting of Alerts

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Perringaiden, Jun 8, 2017.

1. So due to random drama reasons, we use a Slack/Hangouts/Telegram integration that passes messages from one to the other.

In Hangouts - No bots.
    In Telegram - Bots, but messages aren't seen by other bots so you can't relay them.
    In Slack - Bots, and messages can be relayed, but any complex formatting or links isn't seen properly.

In order to have a unified alerting system I'm wondering whether there's any way to support a Destination that is "Slack - Simple Formatting". Only text, no links, no formatting, simple multi-line message.

As a 'how', it could be a different destination. i.e. Get a Slack Formatted destination that outputs with nice formatting, and a Slack Simple Text destination that outputs as simple text.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Couldn't you just route the alerts to 2 different destinations (Slack and Telegram) and not relay stuff from Outgress?

3. That would split the discussion of the alerts and separate those who use Telegram and those who use Slack.

4. digitalpoint

Does your bridge only have the ability to route all/nothing based on channel? You can't simply not route a specific "user" (Outgress)?

5. I'm not the author, but at the moment, no it doesn't have the ability to selectively do it. If its not a possibility, I'll have a look at other options. At the moment, with 5 minute cooldowns, the double spam is manageable.

6. digitalpoint

Well to be honest, it's such a one-off situation, I can't really see anyone else wanting to do that. One thing Outgress can do is instead of routing to one of the "normal" destinations, you can havevit send alerts to your own HTTP REST callback location. Then you would have the flexibility to format alerts and send them wherever you want.

Might still be better to just not have your bridge send alert messages and then send native alerts to each platform.

Unrelated side note - why in the heck are you guy's trying not to merge 3 different messaging platforms? Pick one and use it! Lol

7. The platform dramaz. They are large...

8. digitalpoint

lol I think every area goes through it. People are like, "omg, different! I can't deal!"

Making a bridge just incentivizes people to not all get on a single platform. Best thing we did was *not* have a bridge when San Diego Enlightened went from Hangouts to Slack. Took awhile but eventually everyone moved because the ones that wanted to stick to Hangouts really didn't have many people to talk to. Lol