Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Set my own Profile to private

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Rabbit of Caerbannog, Mar 27, 2019.

1. I don't want anybody to know that I am using Outgress, as they might offend me as Cheater in my local Ingress Community group.
    So would be nice to set my Outgress Profile to fully private. Meaning nobody can find my Profile via search or editing the /agents/xxx URL.

Would be nice if you can tell me what you think about it and give me a short feedback.
    By the way: nice piece of work here!

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Are you talking about your member profile or your agent profile?

The /agents/xxx URL is there for anyone that Outgress knows about, not necessarily users of Outgress. For example, this agent is not an Outgress user (just took a random one that attacked something recently): https://outgress.com/agents/1275GT/

As far as it being cheating to get info from emails Niantic sends you, that's another topic I suppose... :)

3. Okay. If i understood correctly, the member profile is not accessible for a non-member (not logged in) but the profile page is accessible for anybody (even non-members). But as profile pages are created for even non-members, that should not be an issue at all, as nobody could tell that you are member.

So my only remaining concern would be a member being able to see my member page.
    That would require a privacy setting like
    "View your members page" set to "People you follow only" to go fully "under cover" and nobody could tell you are using Outgress until you follow (trust) this person.

Hope you understood my concerns and request.

4. digitalpoint

More or less, correct... agent info is there for any agent that ever attacked something owned by an Outgress user. So that is more or less going to be there for any Ingress user that plays at all.

The member profile that you can hide with settings is the one you pick as your username here. Technically, your username here does NOT have to be your agent name.

5. Okay, then I would prefer to Change my username to hide my ass

I already saw a thread for that and will try.

Is there a chance to join as a new member with a username which is not the same as your agent name and verify your account via damage report Email fine?

6. digitalpoint

Ya smart... wouldn’t want people to know you use your emails for anything. Lol just kidding (sort of)

What do you want your username changed to?