Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Problem sending from Hotmail

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ktulu, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ktulu

Ktulu New Member

Hi, I was trying to set the forwarding for the last four days without success. I hope somebody can confirm any workaround.
    My Google account has a Hotmail login. Which means I don't use GMail nor receive my attack emails at GMail. I don't even have a GMail address.

I was trying to set forwarding from HM for the last four days without success and then I tried to simply send a test mail to damage@outgress.com and I received an NDR.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
    Delivery to the following recipients failed.
    damage@outgress.com

Not very explanatory so I tried sending a test from my work adress at another domain and the NDR says:

The mail system <damage@outgress.com>: conversation with mx5.outgress.com[199.187.241.235] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting

Which mostly means that Outgress.com mail servers reject any connection from my SMTP server. "receiving the initial server greeting" means that the recipient's server never replies with anything, forget about even sending the message header nor the destination address :p

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

There are a few requirements the mail servers have to adhere to (for example they have to use a secure connection). I'm not sure if Hotmail does or not. Are you using Hotmail in the US?

3. Ktulu

Ktulu New Member

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Yeah that just tests incoming, not outgoing though. I double checked the IP address whitelist for Hotmail, and as long as the email is coming from a server that they designate as one of theirs (specifically any IP block from this list: https://mail.live.com/mail/ipspace.aspx ), it should (in theory) work. But without a better error from their end, not sure what else to look at to be honest.