Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Manual entry of portals to watch for

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ChrisMcZork, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Hi there!

First, thank you for the great work. I really appreciate it.

Is there a way, to enter specific portals that I want an attack alert for? Portals, I have acquired before using outgress and that are not to be found on the intel map?
    Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

It's not possible to add portals Outgress doesn't know about manually. If you have your historical email damage reports, you can import them to cause it to discover them all right away.

If the portals you want to do that for are all in one area, you could use a perimeter attack alert for any activity within that specific area I suppose...

3. Thank you, I'll try this.

And no, historical data is not available. Emails were the first thing I disabled in the client ;-)

4. I'm not sure whether to add to this thread or create a new suggestion, but I'm interested in something similar. However, it would be nice to be able to just type in the name of a portal I know about but has not shown up on Outgress yet, but still include it in an alert group. This would allow us to keep the Outgress data pristine, but also include portals that have not yet been added. You could then match the Portal name with the incoming damage report e-mail and still send an alert.

As far as I can tell, the Any Activity perimeter alerts are only limited to a single one. I have several portals that I own that I would like alerts for that are not yet in the system.

5. sarahk

sarahk Member Illuminator Explorer Enlightened L13

Create a link to the portal from a weak and easily accessible or high turnover portal and when the link gets taken out Outgress will "discover" the portal and you'll be able to claim it.