Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Intel data groups

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by bass8455, Nov 17, 2015.

1. bass8455

bass8455 New Member Explorer Enlightened L15

it would be great to be able to limit the data on the intel site to a group of people, it could be that each player can be part of different groups (all, downtown,,El cajon, etc) that way we can see on the heat map the activity (most active streets, areas, agents on that group) for that particular area only, not influenced by other areas that are more active or have more data parsed. this can be useful for when we would want to field the area and better choose our anchors, in city guardians, etc.

I really like that on the intel i can limit the data displayed to only my data and see where my portals get hit the most, and the all data view show me the data from all agents wish means form all agents that are sending info. but for areas that only one or two agents are sending info those will always be light green the most because all of the data from other areas will be in a larger amount so the heat map will reflect that.

I see this most on my area of play TJ (right now only me but planing on getting data from other agents but wont speak to them until I'm in town on the weekend) there is little to no data on the all data view because there is not a lot of data coming in from that art of the map even if we were two agent feeding data it wouldn't compare to other sites.

@bass8455

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

I like the idea, but there's a also a fine line between giving too many options for granularity and keeping the system easy to use.

If I'm understanding it and you distill it down to what you are wanting, it's not really data from specific agents, rather just data from a specific area. Currently the system sort of does that already because it only includes data based on the area you are looking at on the map (plus a small buffer in each direction so you can scroll a bit without needing to reload data). For example if you zoom in to the area you are interested in and reload the page, the heatmap data will just include the area you are looking at.

That's not to say the data filtering couldn't be improved, but I think what you are after is just a geographical region, not necessarily just specific agents, right?