Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Flipped portal

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ethan1701, Jun 26, 2017.

1. If I understand correctly, if a portal is currently owned by_Ada or _Jarvis and so are all its resonators and mods, if it is then flipped using another virus/refractor, no one will ever get an alert about this.

Is this in fact the case?

Thanks?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Correct. At least one piece of gear needs to be owned by an Outgress user for an email damage report to be injected into the system (__ADA__ and __JARVIS__ obviously are not Outgress feeders).

You will get alerts if they own the portal but other users upgraded resonators are deployed mods afterwards.

3. That's what I thought.
    The reason behind the question is that if my home portal is attacked, I might put a Jarvis on it.
    If an hour later an Enl player puts an Ada on it and then tears it down, I'll never hear about it from any stream...

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Yeah... unfortunately there isn't a way around that. Although I suspect it might not happen that often. If you flip your own portals to protect them, you know exactly when an hour goes by and would flip them back I would think?