Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Resolved Faction alignment

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kilo G, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Kilo G

Kilo G New Member Explorer Enlightened L16

Outgress has agent "raggle" https://outgress.com/agents/raggle/ as an Enlightened agent. This is incorrect.
    This agent has gone through a faction change a long time ago. Outgress previously had this agent's faction correct.
    How does Outgress determine an agent's faction?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

It's based on the latest attack report recieved where they are the attacker and the faction reported in there. I'll go digging and see what's going on with him.

3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

It's been fixed. It had to do with the most recent report that came in for that agent was one where he was attacking as his old faction (someone recently imported historical emails). It corrected itself because as soon as a realtime email damage report came in, it saw him as his correct faction and updated.

I had added code so the import process doesn't update portals with old data (address, portal title, image, etc.) and I also had code that didn't update the reporting agent's faction and level when importing historical emails. But I forgot about attacking agent's faction. It's been internally fixed so it shouldn't happen in the future.