Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Implemented Discord Integration?

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Aronwk, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Aronwk

Aronwk New Member Resistance L13

Would it be possible to make a Discord integration? Discord is basically the same as Slack, user wise atleast. Except that it is free and has voice channels.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Probably going to have to say no go on this for one for now. Discord requires a persistent/always open WebSocket connection for things to happen... Meaning We would have to hold a connection open to Discord's servers all the time for the rare occasion where we need to send an alert. The idea of holding a bunch of connections open 24/7 isn't something that excites me too terribly.

I know it's irrelevant if you don't use Slack, but Slack does support voice channels/calls.

3. digitalpoint

Also... I'm not opposed to adding Discord support if they start not requiring WebSockets for bot messages to a channel (maybe they will add that down the road since their API is fairly new). But for our purposes, there really is no technical reason we need to be holding a 24/7 connection open to the channel since we don't need to be reading what other's are writing in the channel. That's the primary issue... they set up their bot API assuming you want to read everything coming down the pipe from the channel.

4. digitalpoint

I went back and revisited this and found a way to do it without holding a persistent WebSockets connection open, so now Discord is an available option for alert destinations.

https://outgress.com/alerts/#destinations