Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Implemented Attack alerts on group name instead of portal name (GroupMe)

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by PupNibbler, Jun 7, 2016.

1. I created a portal group. Currently when someone attacks, the GroupMe alert says the portal name. I'd like for it to say the group name instead and provide the shareable group link instead of the portal link. E.G. instead of "water tower is under attack by XYZ (water tower link, XYZ agent link)", say "(portal group name) is under attack by XYZ (portal group link, XYZ agent link)."

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

GroupMe is way less flexible than the other API endpoints. Specifically in this case, it doesn't support anchor text for URLs. We could attach an extra URL to the alert, but it's not going to be clickable text within the alert message like you get with other alert destinations (in things like Slack you get both... the portal being attacked, the group name and links to both the portal and the group).

Really it was just left out because of clutter issues. But it's easy enough to add. And it's been added. GroupMe alerts will now show the portal being attacked that triggered the alert, the group name, who's attacking as well as an extra URL attached that is the portal group URL.

PupNibbler likes this.