Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Implemented Allow forwarding of Portal Submission Accepted emails to further populate the database

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Forte, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Forte

Forte New Member Enlightened L13

Just an idea, but I've been using IPST2 and it would probably be possible to add these emails as a way to further get more portalclocatpor data into the database, you could also track who submitted the portal and when.

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Not sure what IPST2 is, but looking at a normal submission approved email it looks like the necessary info is there. Although populating the database based on portal submission emails seems like a borderline waste of time. I mean it’s going to be populated shortly thereafter... and would also require people to setup forwarding for the portal sumission emails, and I’m not sure anyone (besides you) would even bother.

3. Forte

Well, the motivation was I know I like to submit while traveling. So there are a lot of places that I get portals online where I never get back to claim them in order to get an attack notification, and there are a few I know of I brought online months ago that still don't show up in your map, and seeking some way I could still contribute that data.

4. Forte

5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Ended up implementing this.

Forte likes this.