Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Volunteer Translating for Ingress/Pokémon Go

Discussion in 'Support' started by Isomorphosis, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Isomorphosis

Isomorphosis New Member

Hello!

Yes, I am a Pokémon Go player. Yes, I do understand much of it's data is data from Ingress. To make it short, there are many portals in my city which are either spelled wrong, partially translated (half of them is in Dutch, the other half is in English) and some even are complete wrong.

An example of a portal in my city which caught my eyes:

https://outgress.com/portals/mottige-fontijn.84523/

'Mottige Fontijn' is more wrong then you think it is. First of all the word 'Mottig' means 'Unbelievable ugly' and the word 'Fontijn' is purely misspelled. Must be 'Fontein'.

And ofcourse it's always easy to criticize without offering a solution. So here am I. Is there a way I can 'edit' the names of these portals? As in an Moderator way, which can be approved by other people from my country / city?

Or do I (we) have to live with fun and often misspelled names for the eternity?

Just a question!

With kind regards
    Iso

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

As you mentioned, the source of the portals is Ingress. Probably the best thing to do would be to load up the Ingress app on your phone and do it from there. Any player can submit a revision to a portal title, description or picture from the Ingress app. If Niantic approves a change to anything, our end will automatically reflect those change(s).

visualrinse likes this.