Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Resolved No Record of Ownership

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by kami0911, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Hi,

despite having an attack message for the portal (which I already deleted...) and outgress knowing about this attack, there is no record of ownership for my faction. Happened more than once.
    This is one of the portals, where this happened a few days ago:

https://outgress.com/portals/nymphentor.382787/

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

If you look in your Gmail trash it should have the emails there for 30 days. Are you able to pull the email from there?

3. Yep, i just found it.
    The portal had only one resonator. The email shows the portal as uncaptured since the last resonator was destroyed... Damn it, Niantic!

4. digitalpoint

Ah... yeah if the email comes when the portal was dead, it's. it going to have who the previous owner is (just the current owner which was nobody). You can manually flag yourself as owning that portal though if you want.

5. I thought about this again and came to the conclusion, that there is no scenario, where one would get a damage report like that if one didn't own the portal:

If i put a resonator into the portal and the owner is somebody else, than he must have a resonator in that portal, too. So my reso cannot be the only resonator, which leads to the conclusion, that destroying the other resonator first must issue a damage report sent to my gmail.
    So, if my resonator was the only one, i have must been the owner of the portal.

But now that I'm once more thinking about it i would guess, that a decayed resonator from the original owner could not cause any report. In that case the Ownership is not bound to the single resonator. May that be a possible scenario?

6. digitalpoint

Yeah there are cases where you having the only resonator doesn't necessarily mean you were the owner. Probably, but not 100%. So just depends on if you know you were the owner or you are okay with "probably". Personally I only flag myself as the owner on portals I'm sure of.

7. imarshi

imarshi New Member Resistance L13

I have an email Feb 24/17 GMT
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/15a6dd73814fa6fc
    Ingress Damage Report: Entities attacked by JBZY008
    with numerous attacks. It shows both
    Zipcar
    DAMAGE:
    2 Resonators destroyed by JBZY008 at 02:54 hrs GMT
    2 Resonators remaining on this Portal.
    Level 1
    Health: 13%
    Owner: imarshi
    and
    North York Cleaners Post Office
    DAMAGE:
    3 Resonators destroyed by JBZY008 at 03:54 hrs GMT
    5 Resonators remaining on this Portal.
    Level 3
    Health: 32%
    Owner: imarshi

https://outgress.com/portals/north-york-cleaners-post-office.1251350/
    Shows no record of historic ownership
    but
    https://outgress.com/portals/zipcar-1800-sheppard-avenue-e.1251349/
    Shows historic ownership imarshi

8. digitalpoint

@imarshi - it looks like it worked itself out. Internally there is a cache that stores the historical owners of the portal. So what you saw could in theory happen if someone looked at that portal within the previous 6 hours (it's a 6 hour cache before it checks again). Caching is used there because portal ownership changes so rarely it's not worth the overhead of querying for it every page view.

But that being said, I did make some improvements that should eliminate the caching issue going forward (basically when a new portal owner is logged, it flushes the ownership cache for that portal right away).

9. imarshi

imarshi New Member Resistance L13

Thanks. I probably did look at it before I went out because it was a mission and I wasn't sure if they were new portals to me.

10. digitalpoint

Either way, going forward it shouldn't be an issue since the system now internally flushes the portal ownership cache anytime it sees a new one being logged, so shouldn't have to wait the (up to) 6 hours any longer.