Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Name change

Discussion in 'Support' started by OSAS, Sep 20, 2016.

1. OSAS

OSAS New Member Enlightened L16

When I first began playing, I used one Agent Name. More than a year ago, I changed to a different Agent Name. A week or so ago, I signed up here on outgress.

All of my stats are trying to point to my original Agent Name which, of course, doesn't exist any more, so there are no stats for things I've done.

Can I fix this, or does it have to be done on the back-end?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

I can merge the data for you. What's your old agent name?

3. OSAS

webqatch

4. digitalpoint

Hmmm... that's not your new agent name?

5. digitalpoint

Oh.... system hasn't seen anything come in from you under your new agent name yet. If your stuff has been attacked, make sure you are still forwarding email damage reports.

6. OSAS

Pointing out that the name change happened YEARS ago and that I only just signed up for Outgress last week. Trust me when I tell you that scores of my portals have been attacked in the past week. I verified that the emails are being forwarded. Next?

7. OSAS

Matches: from:(ingress-support@nianticlabs.com) subject:(Ingress Damage Report:)
    Do this: Mark as read, Apply label "ingress-damage", Forward to damage@outgress.com, Delete it, Never mark it as important

8. digitalpoint

Hmm... if you look in your Trash in Gmail, are you seeing recent ones there? That should show any that have come in the last 30 days. If you open one up, does it show your new agent name as who it's being sent to? One possibility I suppose is that there is an issue on Niantic's end somehow and it's still showing your old agent name. Never have seen that before, but sounds like a possibility since Outgress has never seen the agent name "OldSasquatch" in *any* incoming email (yours or anyone else's).

9. OSAS

Disregard, please. I found the issue, and it was all PICNIC

10. digitalpoint

Those are my favorite because they are the easiest to fix on my end. :)