Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Multiple alert areas

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by noteskpe, Mar 15, 2016.

1. On the Intel map I only seam to be able to create one of each type of defined perimeter (Resistance Jarvis Use, Enlightened ADA, Any Activity).

Is it possible to create multiples of each?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Internally there are some issues that need to be worked out for it to happen. Should be able to raise the limit of how many, but probably not going to be able to have an infinite number.

Also, the perimeter alerts are very resource intensive on the server-side, so to be honest I' not sure I would *want* to raise it to a infinite limit (even if it was an easy thing to do). Specifically, the servers need to do geometry calculations for every perimeter defined for all users to see if the portal being attacked is inside each perimeter (for every damage report coming in from anywhere).

For now, as a work-around (at least for the "All Activity" perimeters), you can just draw the same radius on the Intel map with the portal selection tool and add all those portals to a Portal Group).

As far as understanding what you are trying to do, are you wanting multiple perimeters to cover an area larger than a 10km radius? Or is it actually multiple unique areas?

3. Was multiple small areas I was after, not had a go with the portal group option yet so will check that out as would probably do what I want anyway. Was just testing as set up the slack integration yesterday. Works really well :)

4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

For the "All Activity" perimeters, you really are better off with Portal Groups anyway... That way you can get more granular and able to include/exclude specific portals. For example you could have a Portal Group you consider high priority, and then you could have low priority Portal Group surrounding the high priority portals that really is just to alert you that someone might be on the way to the ones you *actually* care about.

And yeah... The Slack alerts turned out to work really, really well in real-world use... Especially when you have multiple Outgress users in the area. Quite often we get the Outgress triggered alerts way before in-game alerts/push notifications. :)

5. That makes sense, I can see how doing it with the perimeters would create a lot of unnecessary server load so will have a play around with the portal groups later.

It's funny I'm already looking on Outgress for attack notifications before I bother to look at intel, great site.

digitalpoint likes this.