Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Implemented Manual flagging of portal ownership

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kami0911, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Hi,

may it be possible to implement a possibility of manually flagging a portal as previously owned?
    There are few situations, where outgress won't notice portal ownership:

- ingress does not always send a damage report - happened to me multiple times only in the last few weeks
    - portals, that are rarely getting attacked - one might need to recharge a portal for weeks and weeks just hoping for an attacker, otherwise outgress won't track it.
    - some *cough* players deleted old ingress mails, so those *cough* weren't able to import a complete set of data

Thank you :)

PBSingress likes this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

It's been something I've been meaning to do actually, just never got around to it.

Went ahead and whipped it up real quick, so you should see it now as a check-box option when looking at a portal that it doesn't know you have owned already.

3. cool, thank you very much!

4. I flagged a portal that I own that outgress had not yet flagged as mine. When I check for portals never owned by me it still shows on Intel map.

Is the checkbox for information only and I still need an attack report so it does not show on Intel as never owned?

5. digitalpoint

Internally there is some caching to make queries fast for stuff that doesn't change often (like portals you own). I believe that cache is a 6 hour cache currently, but I'll double check tomorrow when I'm at a computer.

6. digitalpoint

Okay, it was indeed a 6 hour cache, but I've made some changes to flush the cache when a user flags a portal manually, so the backend cache shouldn't be noticeable any longer.

7. Great, thank you

Now to update some more portals