Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Limit /portal search in Slack by radius or ?

Discussion in 'Support' started by GreyStoke2000, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Returning 6 portals in California is kinda pointless when pointing out a portal with this function in the Midwest...
    Forgive if I missed this somewhere...

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

The problem with that is the backend API call from Slack doesn't give any info about where the user is (no location or even IP address). If you made the /portal command have an extra parameter specifying the location, that would work, but it essentially would end up being the same as it is now. The /portal command searches on everything (not just portal name). So you can include zip code, city, state, street name, etc.

As an example, this Slack command will return 268 results:
    Code:
    /portal heritage park

This will return just ones in Maryland (just 2 results):
    Code:
    /portal heritage park md

This one will return results for San Diego (7 results):
    Code:
    /portal heritage park san diego

You can also do things like *just* search on address:
    Code:
    /portal mira mesa blvd
    I'm all for making the portal search better, and if you have any ideas for allowing the Slack user to specify their location somehow (without making it difficult to use), I'm all ears. :)

batteryAClD and johenkel like this.
  3. where did i miss this?

and thank you for the prompt and explicit response!

digitalpoint likes this.