Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

If forwarding of email is done incorrectly, what happens?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Emily, May 25, 2016.

1. Emily

Emily New Member Resistance L15

I set up forwarding of the damage reports to Outgress at the beginning of April. My Gmail is a little used account primarily for Ingress and my Calendar reminders. I heard about the Pokemon invites and came to my account to find I have not have ANY mail since I set up the forwarding. Apparently the filter did not set up correctly and ALL my email has been forwarded and deleted. Should Outgress have informed me of this issue?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

There isn't a way for Outgress to see your filters within your Gmail account. I suppose it could inform you if you were forwarding non-Ingress emails (which it just discards), but that really wouldn't solve the root of the issue which is if you set all your emails to delete.

On a side note, Gmail keeps deleted mail for 30 days, so anything a filter deleted should be in your Trash folder (at least anything in the last 30 days).