Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Resolved GroupMe alert

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by IIlllIIllIIIlIl, May 24, 2016.

1. So I set up a GroupMe alert, but there is no action in GroupMe. What do I need to do on the GroupMe side to enable this?

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

Have you set up any of your portal groups to send alerts to our GroupMe destination?

IIlllIIllIIIlIl likes this.
  3. I believe so..

Screenshot_2016-05-24-16-12-33.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-24-16-13-02.jpg

4. digitalpoint

Yep, that should do it. Which of those portals were attacked without you getting a GroupMe alert?

5. Most of them. Should I have an Outgress chat in GroupMe? Do I need to set up the chat or be added to a chat?

6. digitalpoint

Hmmm... did some digging and it looks like GroupMe randomly changed our backend API credentials for no reason. Our end has been updated with the new access token they issued, so it should (hopefully) work now. If you want, I can fire a test event on this end that will show up in your channel to double check that the authentication is working properly now.

IIlllIIllIIIlIl likes this.
  7. That would be great. Thank you.

8. digitalpoint

Did you get anything?

9. Nope, does it automatically make the chat?

10. digitalpoint

No, the group would already be created (it will use the group you select when you link your GroupMe account). If you deleted that group or it's gone for some reason, you can just delete the GroupMe link and add again.

11. Oh, okay, let me try that..

12. Can you shoot a testessage again?

13. So I created an Outgress group and a test group. It is only giving me the option for outgress. I'm no developer, but it seems outgress isn't pulling my list of chat. Would that be an authentication issue?

14. digitalpoint

Did you go through the process of making a new destination? The system only pulls your list of groups when you create a new destination. For example, you could have multiple GroupMe destinations even spanning different accounts. When you create a destination, you can't go back and change the group or anything after the fact (if that's what you are trying to do), you would just delete that if you don't need that destination and make a new one.

15. It's not pulling my list of groups at all. I'm going to reset all of it and try again later... Thanks for all your help.. I'm sure I will bother you again..

16. digitalpoint

Hmmm... does it *just* show a group called "Outgress" when it asks you to select one?

17. Yes, that is all it would show.

18. Okay, so I just tried to set it up again, and I think it worked. Maybe it is because I did it from my laptop instead of my phone, but it did seem to pull my whole list of chats. If I have anymore issues, I'll let you know.

19. digitalpoint

I think it might have been something on this end... specifically it looks like the mechanism that was pulling the group list was pulling the group list from the OAuth2 credential holder, rather than the authorized account under it (so specifically, you were seeing *my* one GroupMe group that I created to test with). I think it should be squared away now... a little hard to test since I only have one GroupMe account. :)

20. Make sense, can you fire a test message?