Dismiss Notice
How Does This Work?

You create a free account and set a Gmail filter to forward your Ingress email damage reports.

The damage reports are processed in realtime into the Outgress analytics and alerting engine.

That's the short version.

Is This Allowed?

We believe so, but you decide.

But My Secret Data!

No one on the opposing faction cares who on their team is attacking you. Do you care who on your team is attacking opposing portals?

Agent Page and Limited Agent Data (am i missing something obvious?)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by sylver stone, May 18, 2017.

1. I've been here since I started playing, and I love the "show portals you have never owned" function, especially with the current magnus builder challenge.

I have my first level of the badge, and I am 600 resonators from architect.

I live in a heavy war zone, so all but maybe 50 were done by taking a portal and fully deploying it.

i started rummaging around in stats, and my agent page currently looks like this:

stone.ingress.stats.jpg

and i'm not certain if it's your end or mine, but i expected a whole lot more information there?

as a quick list:
    i've had a *lot* of activity since friday?
    my recent activity is much higher than that.
    historical activity only shows one attack?
    elsewhere i read that i should be able to see my "most attacked portals" stat?
    limited agent data box is showing for me, but i am logged in and i have been forwarding mail since day 2 in game. additionally, i used your importer to reimport yesterday, just in case it missed some reports. it did not appear to update anything.

for comparison, this is a fairly active local resistance player who is pretty active, who may or may not be forwarding mail to you: (note 2 attacks instead of one, killed about 50 local (olympia) portals this week)

(agent name removed as they are not part of this discussion)
    outgress.aw.jpg

especially when compared to my favorite enlightened local, who followed along behind me about an hour later and wiped out a large number of the portals i claimed for magnus builder: (literally, i owned every portal on this list earlier in the day)

outgress.iwby.jpg

and his logged portal / broken links tracker is clearly working...
    (or is this my data that's feeding this?)

outgress.iwby.2.jpg

I'm not certain if this is something broken or confusion on my part.
    I do know that i don't attack a portal every day, so there's definitely a bug in the "logged portal attacks" graph.

sorry for the book, and thank you for everything you do,
    -stone

2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Administrator Staff Member Illuminator Enlightened L15

You are seeing the difference between your incoming data and data from other agents. The data you feed into the system doesn't show your attacks (with the exception being if you attack your own portal with a virus). The very little data on you, just means Enlightened in the local area aren't generally Outgress users so you aren't being tracked. The tiny bit of historical attack info it has about you were probably your own faction's portals that you flipped with a virus.

Outgress works based on portal owners feeding emails about their portals being attacked. So that's why you see way more tracking data for Enlightened in your area because you are the one feeding the data in that tracks them.

Hopefully that makes sense... but yeah, in areas where one faction uses Outgress, it's really just the opposition to that faction that is being tracked because they aren't feeding data about their own team attacking portals of the opposing faction.

sylver stone and Ranger81 like this.